You can google this, but the web sites won't tell you things I am about to:
1. Booking 6 weeks in advance, gets you a room that is the absolute farthest from the water park area that you can be...and on the third floor.
2. If your air conditioning unit is missing it's knobs, look directly in front of you on the wall and adjust your environment from the plainly visible thermostat that I did not see until 8 oclock the next morning.
3. Just because your 3 year old got to ride the indoor water slides the first day, does not mean the same lifeguard will be on the next day. 42 inches IS the limit!
4. There is a pizza joint and a buffet type restaurant on the property , all in the parking lot adjacent to the hotel rooms (Very close, even for the "nose bleed" rooms) Emily, Ethan and I ate breakfast there. The kids ate free (believe it was 4 and under eat free) and my bill was about 8 bucks. I thought initially kinda high for a breakfast but it was by far the best breakfast buffet I've ever had! The pizza joint will deliver to your room or you can eat there. That place closes at 11 pm. Not sure what the buffet place had on the dinner and lunch menu but defo checking it out the next time I go!
5. There is a frozen custard place on the parking lot too (Glenn's Frozen Custard, I think it was called). The kids and I spit a Turtle Sunday. It was TOO DIE FOR.
6. I meant to mention a worker at the Grand Buffet restuarant. As I said, I went there with Emily and Ethan and it was kinda difficult to get 3 plates of food going AND not lose my kids on the crowd. A young black man (I wish I'd gotten his name), really helped me out by giving Ethan slices of watermelon while I was filling plates full of breakfast foods. Not only did Ethan remain calm while I was gone...BUT LOVED THE WATERMELON. Who knew?
7. The outdoor waterpark area is small, but perfect for little ones and parents alike. Parents don't have a huge area to keep track of their kids at and as long as there is a slide or two there, the kiddos have a blast. There were lifeguards at all the water places HOWEVER, they don't babysit. Their job is to make sure your kids don't drown. You'll still have to watch them yourselves to make sure they don't jet out a door or get led away by a stranger. Just so you know, it's only a semi vacation for parents lol.
More to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment