Had a pretty good Sunday with the kids today. We slept in first of all and you absolutely cannot say that is not a beautiful thing...because it is! Up at 9, I fixed cinnamon rolls for Emily and a "twink twink" for Ethan and myself...some bacon and eggs. By 10:30, I decided a nap was in order. Again, you cannot say that is not a beautiful thing.
At 12:30, I decided the kids and I would spend the afternoon at the mall. We shower, get dressed and off we go. First stop was the mommy store where I scored some shorts and shirts (end of the summer clearance). Then we went to the food court for a late lunch. Emily LOVES Sbarro pizza. I think it's horrid but since she never has any passion for any type of food, I treat her a piece every time we go to the mall. Her and Ethan both had a piece and a Sprite all to themselves. I visited with an elderly couple who were taken with Emily and Ethan, asking if they were twins. This tends to be the question that starts many conversations between strangers in public places. They were from New Jersey and super nice. Not obnoxious though and after about 10 minutes, thanks me for letting them visit with my kids and went about their way.
Next we played in the play area for about 30 minutes before a fight started between Emily and Ethan. One hit, then the other, then Ethan grabbed a handful of hair, then Emily grabbed TWO handfuls of hair....all before I could get to them and split them up. That was the end of our afternoon and we headed home.
Now it's laundry, baths and reading before the week begins tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment