Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Day in the "Kane"

Once a month I work a Spokane shift.  It's normally a fairly gravy shift.  I have an EMT partner for the first 12 hours then switch to a first response/chase car overnight.

Now I'm sitting here wide awake, posting on facebook and surfing the web.  I should be studying but it's nice to just kick back and catch up on what people are up to.  I miss listening to my Tommy singing and visiting with friends I haven't talked to in months.  I really should try and make a point to touch base with some people more often.  Such is life.  How does it go so fast?

This week is also the break between regular school and summer school.  Bert and I are taking turns with the kids down at Castleview. They really enjoy that and it is something I hope will make great memories they will always remember.

This is also EMS week.  Lots of activities planned at work.  Christie D has done a great job of planning meals every day for the crew.  It's a GREAT change from EMS week just a decade ago where you were given a cheap paper weight or T shirt in honor of EMS week.

I also thing about how the EMS personnel in Moore, Oklahoma will always remember this specific EMS week.  I'm sure many are having a tough time this week.
Moore Oklahoma Tornado

As always, stay safe and be nice to one another.

No comments: