Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Some odds and ends

I'm at work tonight and realized it's been awhile since I wrote.

For starters, Emily (on her own) said 'bye momma, love you" tonight as I was leaving for work. That was pretty tough to walk away from. She's a little delayed on the whole speaking thing but we're working with her to talk more so when she says things like that, it feels like milestones.

Her second year molars are coming in (I think). She reaches up to her jaw when we ask where her "owie" is and her eating has become non existent over the last few days. She's had a low grade fever and very crabby at times.

But, she is doing wonderful otherwise. Since it's warm again, we play outside a lot and she really likes hanging out with the kids in the neighborhood. She plays with kids who are 7-10 years old and they are careful not to be too rough. The only child her age (actually, he's 10 months younger) is completly ate up with Ethan and spends his play time in Ethan's face saying "baby" over and over. It's very cute.

We've been working on animal sounds with Emily and she's got the major ones down. One day, I decided to see what she would say if I asked "What does mommy say?". She didn't hesitate, raised her finger and said "no, no, no". It was AWESOME.

Ethan is a crawling machine, making his way from one end of the house to the other in record speed. He's also trying to climb up things and I have a feeling it won't be long. He is an eating machine as well. He eats atleast 6 #2 of baby food a day and then anywhere from 12-20 oz of formula. I don't remember Emily ever eating this well.

He is still sleeping really good at night, going to bed between 7-7:30 at night and sleeping till 7-7:30 the next morning. He's got his daytime nap routine down really well: Morning nap from about 9:30-11:00 and afternoon nap from about 1-3. After hearing about some of the horror stories from other new parents, I feel pretty darn lucky at the sleeping habits of both my kids.

So anyway, I have less time than normal to update this but will when I can. Both Emily and Ethan like the outdoors so we spend as much time as possible out there.

No comments: