Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bumsteads

The kids and I went to eat there today along with my mom, dad, Aunt Kati Ann and Grandfather "Pop". I've never been there before but I had heard nothing but good about it. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but don't let that fool ya.

The place is very casual and relaxed and the decor is amazing. I had just a Cheeseburger and Fries and they were really good. Real fries too, not the frozen kind. My family had the pork tenderloin and they all said it was great. They have a huge portioned kids menu. Emily had a grill cheese and fries. I picked up the tab for 4 people (including myself and Emily) and still made it out of there with a $30 dollar tab. Not too shabby.

It did take a little bit to get our food so don't go there for a quick lunch. They warn you about that on the menu though, some burgers take 30-45 minutes.

Emily had a few meltdowns as we went too close to nap time. She was just being her typical "I'm tired and want to do my own thing" self. She kept running around the restuarant and I kept trying to talk her into staying put. We ended up going to the bathroom for the first time, for a "talk". Once in there, I was like now what? I ended up just telling her the same things I was telling her out around the restuarant but I guess the environment change made the difference. She went back to the table and sat there till we left.

Ethan did a "first" today for everyone to witness. He actually made it to his mouth with food! After he did it one time, he was a pro within minutes. (swoon)

After nap time, we made a trip to Summer Fresh. That's the best store to go to with two toddlers. They have "car carts". This is a modified cart that includes a little car attached to the front of the cart for a toddler to ride in along with the usual seat for a baby to sit in. I pay higher prices there but it sure seems worth it just to be able to handle to young uns.

So....two mental notes for today. Bathroom talks really do work and Ethan grew up just a little bit more today.

Sigh!

No comments: