Sunday, July 18, 2010

Winding down...

It's late, or early, depending how you look at it. I covered a shift and got off at 2am. Now I am sitting here exhausted but still kinda wound up. Doesn't seem to matter when I get off, I don't really wind down for at least an hour.

Work was super busy tonight. We were short one and on a Saturday night, that can mean some hairy moments. I worked with Aaron, Amanda and Dave N. so everything went fine. Good thing Amanda mentioned the schedule tomorrow. I did not realize I worked tomorrow had she not said something.

Dalton did great with the kids tonight. I ordered them a pizza before I left and talked to him several times on the phone and everything seemed to go just fine.

Mom, Dad and Kim all took me out to Texas Roadhouse for lunch yesterday. It was awesome as always. Kim, I and the kids all listened to some accoustic singer who was set up under a tent out in the parking lot. Shortly after, there was a rib eating contest between SPD and SFD. I stayed around to see if I knew anyone. One guy I went to medic school with but he didn't recognize me and was too involved in the whole rib eating thing for me to interrupt. The only other person I knew was someone I ran calls with and didn't even know his name. It was actually kinda fun to watch. My nephew was like "this is what you Missouri people do for fun?"...and I was like...."yea, good times, right?". LMAO, what do you say to that?

Anyway, Bert is home tomorrow so they will probably go off and do their own thing and hopefully, I can get some studying done. Have a big test coming up that has a ton of memorization to it. Wish me luck.

Peace out

No comments: