I had limited internet access while out on this trip and unfortunately, could not access my blog or facebook. I only wanted to write once and just kept it on a file on my laptop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 1, 2010
Random:
Pickles wrapped in cream cheese and dried beef. Green onions wrapped the same way. I always forget about these yummy treats until I come home for an “event” in Iowa.
Kalee has worked with Emily on how to swim since we’ve been here. She is doing so good and I am super proud of her, and I love Kalee to death for working with her. She has had an absolute blast running around with Kalee and doing girly things. Ethan continues to have a blast with Dalton who roughs him up like boys should have done on occasion. Potty training is of epic fail while we’ve been here but we will try again tomorrow. I am surprised how I can deal with soaked material and not even think about it anymore.
It feels weird not having my father in law here. His chair sits empty a lot and I miss his wave from the other end of the house when I walk in through the kitchen. It’s always those little things you miss after the fact. Instead of the “oxygen machin” making it’s constant whirring noise and crime shows blaring over and over in the living room, it’s somewhat an eerie quiet with some Celine Dion or Josh Grobin playing. Just not the same and makes me sad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are home and unpacked. It's just past midnight and kids are wound up. Unloading from the trip was done in record time. The next thing to look forward to is Lollapolooza. Kim is stoked and so am I.
109 head index today is what I heard. That's INSANE. Why do I live here again??
No comments:
Post a Comment