Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

















I can't believe I havn't wrote here in 3 weeks. December has just flown by. I also forgot my password and spent one day typing in various words I might have used. It's now jotted down for future reference. I blame my absent mindedness on babies every chance I get.

Christmas was really fun this year. Emily was all about opening presents this year and being amazed by gifts and Christmas decorations. She was hopelessly in love with the Christmas tree, even though it only had lights and garland on it this year. I didn't feel I needed to add ornaments to the list of things that need to be picked up at night. But, we made up the difference of no ornaments with lights and I'm surprised the darn thing didn't go up in smoke. Every morning when she would wake up, and if the tree wasn't plugged in, she would stand next to it pointing and grunting. Or, attempt to plug it in herself which made plugging in the tree the first thing I did in the mornings.

Family hooked her up as far as gifts this year. She got lots of learning type toys which is what I really wanted her to get. She definetly has enough stuffed animals, baby dolls, and comfort toys. She also got a Elmo chair that laughs and vibrates and a Dora Tryke (like the old tricycles but plastic). Bert put that together and she was on it in a flash. She can't reach the peddles yet but she can do a Barney Rubble on it until she gets big enough to reach them. I'm learning lots of nursery songs and her new Dora has me singing this "happy song" over and over in my mind.

Ethan won hearts with this incredibly cute smile he now has. He's developing quite the personality. I was worried the first three months as he laid emotionless every single day except for his worried look, which produced these HUGE worry lines across his forehead. Now, just talking to him makes him smile. And, he's very ticklish and "getting him" in the chin, under the arms and on his tummy literally makes him giggle.

Ethans also sleeping all night now and it's such a relief. It took him 2 months longer to get to this point than Emily and it was rough going for awhile.

Now that Christmas is over, things are going back to normal. Emily has all her new things in the living room and just goes from one thing to the next all day long. I'm keeping the tree up till the 1st, then she'll probably be pissed but it's got to come down. Whats the chances she doesn't even notice it gone? I'd say slim to none.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time you got in here again. You are going to be glad you got all of these tidbits down. It is amazing how easily you forget. You children were the hit at every event this year!

Misha said...

Great looking kids! It is so hard to blog during the holidays. Too many things to do! But, Kim is right (I know, who wudda thunk?), gotta preserve those memories. I know I'm getting older and the mind just ain't so good anymore. Keep up the good work!