Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Winters Here Fo Sho

Brrrrrr.....Anyone not from here can take my word for it.......It's cold!

I think it was Wednesday last week we got our first winter storm. I actually like winter storms, but only the snow part. Mother Nature can keep the ice. She poured it on though last week. We got a couple inches of ice followed by a couple of inches of snow. This area was much luckier than areas just North of us though. I was told areas just North of Springfield got 18 inches. Damn!!!

Emily got her first experience of playing in the stuff the next day. She did a lot of looking around like "what is this stuff" and carefully walking like she knew she could go down at any time. Our neighbor has an inclined driveway which they cleared off for a sledding path. She went down that twice before deciding she didn't like it. Her dad also enjoyed launching a snowball at me but luckily she hasn't picked up on that yet.

Not a whole lot has been happening. I worked night shifts over the weekend and totally threw my sleep out of whack but I'm back on track now. I'm off to buy a christmas outfit for Emily and Ethan tonight as the Christmas get togethers are about to begin, starting tomorrow night.

The tree is up and unfortunatly, it is up without any ornaments. I didn't feel there was any need to add ornaments to all the toys I pick up on a daily basis. Emily loves the tree and points to it in the mornings, all upset, if it's not plugged in. It does have a ton of lights on it which is was fascinates her. Also, a lot of garland so it doesn't look bare. Maybe next year she'll actually help me put on ornaments and can help keep Ethan away from it.

I have about half my Christmas shopping done. Amazon.com rules but pay attention at checkout to make sure you've selected the correct payment method. I only have a handful of things to actually go shopping for which won't be too bad. I hate the craziness this time of the year brings to all my favorite shopping places.

Blogger won't let me upload photos so I'll try again later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pics! pics! pics!!!!