I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve. Bert had to work so I spent it watching the ball drop and playing really stupid games on msn.com. Those sure get addicting. Currently it's bejeweled. I'm not sure how a grown person gets addicted to games like this, but I sure am.
Not a whole lot has been going on. Bert's been working a lot so I've been in full time mommy mode for several days in a row. Emily has really started talking more (thank god). I was beginning to worry she was never going to start actually forming words. Nothing makes me smile more than to hear "ma" several times throughout the day. She's also saying "Dad", pointing to the ceiling and saying "light", "all done", "all gone" and "there it is". Maybe a few other words but those are definetly ones you can understand.
Tonight she got to stay up later than normal so she could see Bert when he got home around 8:30. They played and goofed around for awhile. Then she jumped up and got her sippy cup and wanted milk, then led Bert to her room and pointed to her bed. This is the first time she's opted to go to bed on her own. Such a big girl.
She got a Dora TV for her room from Santa Clause. She loves it, watching Baby Einstein DVDs off and on throughout the day. Doesn't work real well for bedtime because she won't go to sleep, but we sit in there a couple of times and practice (or attempt to) words we see on the DVD. She also got a Elmo chair from her Great Aunt Kati Ann for Christmas. The chair, along with the TV, makes it look like she lives in a dorm.
She's doing fairly well with Ethan. Lately she's been walking up to him and slapping him in the head. She knows she's not supposed to do it, because as soon as she does it, she looks at me like "yes?". I'm guessing this is an attempt for attention. And she gets it....1 1/2 minute in the time out chair. She's also throwing toys now and wailed a set of plastic keys at Ethan tonight, bashing him in the face. He was PISSED and she got another 1 1/2 minutes in "the chair". However, she also has her nice moments where she kisses him or tickles him.
Ethan had his 4 month check up today (has it already been 4 months?). He's growing well weighing in at 15 lbs and 25 inches long. He's still got a big head but not too big. Emily has a big head too so it must just run in the family. Doc said I could start him on food anytime now as babies usually start between 4-6 months. I totally dread this but hopefully, he'll take better to it than Emily did. I'm going to start cereal this week and start with those nasty pureed veggies around 5 months. Thank god I saved Emily's bibs as we'll go through them if I remember right.
Ethans also rolling from tummy to back and from back to tummy. Doc said he's ahead for that. He's also cooing and babbling a lot which is normal but I think we have conversations sometimes too. We lay in bed and the conversation goes like this:
Me: How you doing baby Ethan?
Ethan: coo, babble, babble, coo, babble
Me: Oh really
Ethan: coo, babble, babble, babble, coo
Me: We'll tell momma about it
Ethan: Coo, babble, coo, coo, babble, babble, coo.
It's really odd. He babbles at the appropriate times like he knows it's his turn to talk. I know, I'm nuts, but thats what new moms do.
Well, not a lot to report this time, mostly baby stuff. I'm off to spend some time with Bert who just happens to be home tonight.
1 comment:
That IS 100% a normal conversation. He is talking to his mama! That boy's head is NOT BIG!
Post a Comment