Yesterday was the first day ever that everything Emily touched turned into a mess, or atleast in seemed like it.
Right off the bat, she found where I left he kitchen drawer open that holds the trash bags. I'm not gone 3 minutes and she's managed to pull every single bag out and make a big pile in the middle of the kitchen floor. I learned those things don't go back in their box very well too.
Next, I'm at the sink and I hear her playing under the dining room table. Then I start hearing a "bonk", "bonk".........."bonk"..........."bonk" "bonk", etc. I initially thought she just had one of her toys under there and didn't think much of it. A few minutes go by and I decided to look. What she had was our ceramic pepper shaker and was banging it on the tile floor making a HUGE pepper mountian. Yes, the vacuum would have been easier but in my haste to make sure she didn't roll around in it, I just grabbed a wet rag. Note to readers: Pepper doesn't not wipe up very well.
Next, we have a cabinet in the dining room that holds mostly old bills, receipts and some music books. We have it duck taped shut already because Ems has already found this cabinet once or twice and likes to pull everything out. And let me tell you, it's full! (Wait, did I just say we duck taped our dining room cabinets on a public blog? oh well!). At any rate, our super smart daughter picked at the duck tape long enought to get the cabinet open and precedes to pull everything out. Total MESS
As usual, she didn't eat well. Throughout the day, I'd give her bites of things because I just knew she had to be hungry. She would start chewing it like she liked it, then would walk off. I'd find her half eaten "whatever" on the kitchen rug a little bit later. Frustrating!
I can't believe she did this next thing. I swear I only leave these kiddos for 2-3 minutes tops at any given time throughout the day. I'm in the bedroom and hear a "bonk"........"bonk" "bonk". NO WAY. I run to the dining room table and she's crawled up on the kitchen table and has a HUGE mound of salt displayed in front of her on the table.
Her final task was pulling, maybe pushing, Ethan off the couch. I had just changed him and went to the kitchen to throw the diaper away. Then I got sidetracked rinsing out a bottle and putting some stuff back in the fridge (again, no longer than 2 minutes). Then I hear a "THUD". I destinctive thud that can only be associated with a head meeting the floor. I ran, not walked, to the couch and no baby! A few more steps and there he was on his back on the floor, wailing as you would expect. Emily is looking at me like "oh shit". I, in turn, look at her like "oh shit". No worries though, Ethan was fine. Thank god for carpets and, in this case, an extra decorative rug for cushioning.
Throw in a couple of screaming rages and you could say Emily had a pretty tough day. As I am typing this, she is examing the safety latches on the kitchen cabinets like she might have them figured out by the end of the day.
I'm a-thinkin the terrible twos have started early. Somebody help me.
1 comment:
good god! should be a fun thursday night!
Post a Comment