Emily has developed her first fear: Dryer Lint. I didn't really catch on to it at first. She "helps" me put clothes in the dryer and started out just pointing at the lint trap and making these concerned grunting noises. She was present the other day as I did the "scoop" and cleaned it out. She let this huge "SSCCCRRREEEEAAAAAAAammmmm" and took off running. And it's not just a one time thing. I can't even look in her direction with lint in my hand now without her coming close to a meltdown (This couldn't have anything to do with me chasing her through the house with it once or twice).
So anyway, I'm trying a test. She is going through a climbing phase. She'll drag the kitchen chair over to the bar and climb up on it, usually with lightning speed. She'll do the same by climbing on the kitchen table or even Ethan's high chair. So, I've strategically placed dryer lint in some of these places and I'm getting ready to see if that keeps her from climbing up the dangerously high places.
However, if any of you drop by the house, please just ignore it if I forget to make a lint run before company comes over haha!
I'm gonna have fun with this... I think! ;)
1 comment:
Oh, keep us posted! I can't wait to hear how this develops!
Post a Comment