Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Latest Obsession...Africam.com

For anyone who has time to spare, check out this website. It's a webcam running in Africia in what looks like somebodies back yard. I've constantly got it running in the background. So far, I've seen:
Elk looking things
Fox looking things
Monkeys
An Elephant

The audio is turned way up on it and you can hear all kinds of things from birds to approaching animals. You can also actually hear the animals drinking from the pond. This works really well as I can be doing other things around the house and hear a "slurp slurp" and know somethings come into view. Word of warning though: If crickets/grasshoppers chirping drive you crazy, you won't want your own sound turned up. Anyway, I've only been watching it a few days and think I'm going to try and keep track what time of day certain animals visit.

Sometimes it takes a while, but definetly exciting when you do see something.

Copy and paste into your browser:
http://www.africam.com/nkhoro_cam1.php

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get that link to work.

Anonymous said...

copy/paste it