I havn't wrote much in the past few weeks as we've been winding summer down and getting ready for school. Emily is going to see "Miss Sheila" twice a week again and I'm going back full time at OTC. Miss Sheila was very impressed with how much Emily's speech has come along this summer. I am thrilled that we have actual conversations now too. The online education experience has been challenging this weekend as I work my way around 4 Blackboards (psychology, sociology, pre algebra and english II) but I think I'm going to like it once I get going.
We went to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun this past week as our final fun thing to do. Bert hurt his back the last time we went, so we made it up to the kids by taking them this time. We stayed at a Days Inn, ate out, paid 10 dollar parking fees and odds and ends at the park. Bert went and played poker too and ended up winning nearly exactly what we spent on this trip. Basically, we went for free! The kids had fun though and that's really what counted.
So, we really don't have a whole lot planned over the next few months. I'm going to be concentrating on school and that's about it. Ethan's 2nd birthday is coming up. We'll be celebrating on Sept 7th. We're going to have his party here, invited several kids and friends and will hopefully have lots of fun. I think I'm going with Elmo as a theme...that seems to be what he loves the most right now.
Oh and I'll be posting Oceans of Fun pics soon. Those water proof cameras are nice but take time as I gotta take the film in to get developed. Emily has turned into such a water loving little girl. She "swims" underwater, jumps/dives in off the side/step and loves to make you proud by showing you how she can keep her eyes open under water. First thing next summer is swimming lessons for her. This last trip to Oceans of Fun was the first time Ethan even acted like he liked the water. He did the kiddie slides all by himself and him and I rode the bigger slides together and he giggled and laughed all the way down. We'll be investing in season passes at the pool next year, no doubt!
Everyone keep my Nano in your thoughts and prayers. She's at Cox South now fighting off a infection after pneumonia and a few other problems. We are hoping she recovers.
1 comment:
Very proud of you going back to school. You are doing something that will make your kids so proud one day too...you rock!
Post a Comment