Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday in Iowa

Well, we were going to leave today but we had a change in plans which I will talk about in a minute.

Yesterday, Bert and I went to Dave Fisch's wedding. It was at the Catholic church here in Remsen. That church has got to be the prettiest church I have ever been in. The wedding went off without a hitch and afterwards, Bert and I went to Rob Castle's house to visit before going to the reception.

Rob's mom had already fixed a awesome mexican dip and we munched on that while we visited. She loves to cook and we looked at an awesome recipe book from Taste of Home. I will be making that dip at our next poker game.

Anyway, next we went to the Avalon where the reception was. I visited with Rob's parents, Kevin and Kathy Rollins and their family. The reception was pretty awesome. They had a wedding video, much like ours was. One picture had both Dave, Bert and Rob back in their old Tae Kwon Do days. It was funny to see them so long ago. They fed us dinner and then we left shortly after.

Emily and Ethan had a great day! I originally planned it with Kalee to have her babysit the kids while we went to the wedding. Aunt Ruthie ended up planning a fun day instead. They went to McDonalds for lunch then she took everyone to Emily's absolute favorite place to go in the whole wide world: CHUCKIE CHEESE. They had a great time. They also went to the mall and shopped. The kids had an absolute blast. It means a lot to me that the family wants to spend time with them. After this year, our visits to Iowa will be far and few between as the kids start school.

After we got the kids to bed Travis, Bert, Kalee and I all played a game of Phase 10. Travis won but only after a tie breaker hand between him and Kalee. Kalee and I also took some hilarious pictures just goofing around and I'll post them over the next week. Chuck made us some of his marvelous popcorn too. We are going to get one of those popcorn poppers too!

So we all go to bed but get a phone call at 2:30 am. Rob's dad is very sick and asked if Bert could come over and check him out. When Bert got there, he realized they needed an ambulance and got one on the way. Rob's dad was having seizures and Bert rode in the ambulance with the crew and assisted with his care over to a Lemars hospital. From there, they air lifted him to Soiux City because he still wasn't doing good. Bert went onto Souix City with them so he could be there for Rob and his family. He got home about 9 this morning. We were going to come home today but decided to stay another night because of what happened. Kalee, being the awesome niece that she is, is going to watch the kids and Bert and I are going to run back to Souix City to see how he's doing. They never did find out what was going on but did get his seizures under control. They admitted him for a couple of days and now it's just trying to figure out what happened. Rob is like family to us so we're very concerned and want to be there for him.

So we are staying another day and the plan is to come home tomorrow. Hope all is well.

No comments: