Emily is just beside herself with excitement about her birthday party in the morning. She has gotten presents from Aunt Linnie and Cousin Kalee this week and has been actually pretty good about waiting till her birthday to open them. Colten can't come tomorrow so his mom brought Emily's gift over earlier this week. It's a baby stroller and a baby. She got one for Christmas too but when I ask if she wants to take it back and pick out something else, she explains to me that one is for her and one is for Ethan. So, they have both been strolling babies through the house all week. It's very cute!
Her babysitters brought her a card and gift (A princess coloring book) and she loved it too. She was very gentle with the card and wanted it read to her. She also has two cards waiting to be opened, one from "Nana" in Iowa and one from Great Grandmother "Nano". Bert worked today so we will let her open those tomorrow so he is here.
I got the cake from Beth's Bakery in Springfield. They make wonderful cakes. It's a Princess theme as Emily specifically asked for that. I went today and picked it up and a word to anyone else who might order from there: Don't pick it up at lunch time! They were sooo busy. You also have to place an order a few weeks ahead. They are great though if you need a good cake place local.
As I mentioned before, we got her a scooter. She went to another boy's birthday party last October (Hunter Driskill) and he got one. She jumped on it and really wanted one of her own. I thought about one for Cmas but it's too cold so held off. Time has gone by and she's not mentioned it but went ahead and got one for her birthday. TODAY at breakfast, she told me she wanted to go to Hunter's house so she could ride his scooter! I was sooooo excited. Now I know for sure she will be surprised. The skates, helmet and knee pads I found are Princess themed. She will be wanting to go outside everyday!
Stopping for now. Need to study most of the night. Met my Bio instructor Wednesday night at Borders for a study session. He looks and sounds just like he did 23 years ago. What a trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment