What a busy few weeks! Not just a whole lot going on other than school, work and taking care of the kiddos. We had some ice last week that kept us indoors for about 4 days in a row. Emily missed her two days of speech even as schools were closed. She was happy to be back in this past week and see Miss Sheila.
School is really keeping me busy. I am really glad I only took 10 hours. My psych class is a breeze. What the professor wants each week is outlined. I just do the assignments and I'm done. College algebra is going well. I am actually enjoying it. I never thought I would be the type to be able to teach myself college algebra but that is basically what your doing when you take an algebra class like this online. You study the assignment online, do some practice problems on scratch paper and take a quiz online. If that isn't teaching yourself algebra, I don't know what is. Our first test is the first of March so that will really tell how much I'm retaining each week. At this point though, I feel pretty confident.
My A&P class is INTENSE. The ironic part is my professor (John Fishback) was also my biology teacher and coach back in high school in the 80's! Talk about crazy! He remembers me too! So far, his class has consisted of a lot of reading, some labs and one test already which I am awaiting results. I just finished a lab experiment involving raw eggs, vinegar, and syrup. It was conducted on the kitchen counter over about 4 days. I'd explain it but it's too long and just wanted to say Emily thought it was cool to watch as well. A&P will be the most difficult class and if I can pass this class, I can pass anything!
Poker has started up again. Hopefully I will have better luck this year!
Bert has a 4 day stretch off right now and the kids have had a good time hanging out with him. I worked a night shift Fri night and I also work one Sunday night. I like night shifts because it's more money and usually slow so I can study and do assignment while at work when it's slow. The only down side is my sleep pattern is messed up for a few days.
Next weekend is Emily's birthday. All she has talked about is CHUCK E CHEESE, CHUCK E CHEESE. We've booked a party and invited boys and girls that she enjoys playing with. We are getting her a pair of toddler skates and a toddler scooter, plus all the safety stuff (helmet, elbow pads, knee pads). She'll be the only kid on the street with safety stuff on but we are "safety people" and I don't care.
Well, I am tired. Did school work all night and just relaxed. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying the warmer weather.
1 comment:
You are so amazing keeping up with it all!
Can't wait for the party next weekend!
Post a Comment