Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hiccups, Pilates and Sleeping on the Floor

Not much to write about hear lately. The ice and snow is gone and pretty much everyone has power again. Now it's a matter of clean up since there are trees and limbs everywhere. We don't have to worry about it. Our one little tree survived just fine. However, my parents sure didn't fair as well.

Ethan is so fun right now. He has got to be the ticklish baby I've ever come across. What's so funny is he doesn't know to block the tickles, so just lays there giggling and laughing, almost helpless in a way. Shortly after, he gets the hiccups too. I just started him on cereal this week so we've been working on swallowing. It's a slow process.

Emily sleeps in a big girl bed now. We took the front of her crib which converts to a daybed. The trick here lately has been trying to keep her in bed at night. That "Supernanny" show is right on some things but her tactics for this little problem are not working. She usually plays in her room till she hears us coming, then jumps into bed. I also check her several times a night and usually find her sprawled out on the floor somewhere. I think this will get better when the weather warms up and she can run around outside more. She doesn't use much energy just playing in the house.

I've started working out too. Being split open twice in the last two years reeks havoc on the bod. Pilates is my first move and I feel like my gut is trying to protrude from my abdomen wall. I like this actually, means I'm doing some good. We shall see how it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Emily will roll around on the floor and do Pilates anytime you wanna!

PW said...

Old wive's tale:

Tickling a baby will cause them to stutter.

PW

Misha said...

My son does this too. But, he knows he's supposed to stay in bed so he'll run out to get a toy or book and run back into bed. We live in a 2 story home so we hear "thud thud thud" as he runs across the floor. Sometimes the "thud" is from him falling off his bed. Not sure how he does that but I imagine he has fun doing it.

Anonymous said...

quit screwing around and post some birthday pics, already!