We had a birthday party/BarBQ here at the house for him in the basement. Those who attended was:
Aunt Kim and Uncle Matt
Grandpa and Grandma Sperry
"Pop" Sperry
Great Aunt Kati Ann
Mindy and Noah
Kasha, Austin and Hunter
Brenden, Michelle, Keylee, Charles and Colten
Bruce, Angie, Danielle and Emily
Rochelle
and of course...mommy, daddy and sister Emily.
Wow!!! What an awesome bunch to spend a first birthday with!!!
We decorated the basement with lots of balloons and a few toys and balls. We had tables set up for people to eat at and also had a Sesame Street cake (half white, half chocolate) to accomodate any taste. Ethan also had his own little 5 inch cake that he made every effort to consume on his own later. Bert barbq'ed hamburgers and hotdogs and I threw together some crock pot baked beans. Add some chips, CHEETOES and a few platters of finger foods and we were set!
So after everyone arrived, Ethan had a ball opening presents. He got the whole "ripping" paper thing down pretty fast. Daddy was quick to show him how. Poor little boy has had to go the whole first year of his life playing with big sister's toys, but after this past Sunday, he filled his room up pretty fast and should be set for quite awhile!



and more.....


So after the enormous pile of presents were opened, it was time for some cake! Ethan and I had been practicing all week with cupcakes on how to dive in head first. When the time came, he just sorta poked and prodded. So, I went off to get some food together for our guests and do misc things. This is how I left him:
When I came back downstairs, everyone was like "go look at your son"!!!!! I make my way back to where he is and this is what I find. Is this not AWESOME!!!!!
And then here mommy and baby Ethan are on our way to the bathtub, mid party! Sooooo worth it!
It was such a good time and I want to THANK EVERYONE WHO MADE IT SUCH A SPECIAL DAY!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!Here are some random pics taken of the evening. More will be filtering in later but wanted to share what I had now for those who could not come.





3 comments:
Very nice post. Good to see you updating. Your kids will love to read it one day.
You KNOW how to throw a party! What a fun time. I'm feverishly taking notes.
I HATE that I missed Ethan's Birthday. If you are coming home in October, we will have to have another party for Ethan, Uncle Chuck, Cousin Jordan, Cousin Morrie and Cousin Chris!!!!!By the way-----where did he get the blond hair????Kiss BOTH the babies for me.
Ang!!..great hair job on Emilys hair!! :)looked good!!..haha. Well i think Ethan really liked the blue cake, by the way blue cake??..did you want a mess to clean up hahaha that was prolly the funnest part! :) lovers you.
Post a Comment