Friday, March 21, 2008

The Vacuum is the devil!

My kids are absolutely terrified of the vacuum. I usually can only vacuum when Bert is here and one of us sits in their room while the other tackles the carpet.

The other day, the job really needed to be done. I tried to tell them to head to their rooms but they didn't quite get what I meant till I opened the closet door. Then Ethan freaked out but Emily was really funny. She was trying to drag him down the hall to her room saying "come on bubbie, come on....hurry hurry hurry". That's the first time she's ever made an effort to protect him. It made me laugh.

Of course, when he wouldn't come with her, she decided every person for themselves and left him standing in the hallway while she sat safely in her room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure they let cousin Luke know the vacuum is the devil. That is one chore I would like to strike from my list.

Anonymous said...

FUNNY! My niece is afraid of the vacuum too. But Z tells me to wait, grabs his toy one and vacuums with me.