What a good day! Emily has decided the Easter Bunny is a pretty cool dude and Ethan probably thought "cool....another day where I don't know what the heck is going on but I'm having a good time anyways"!
Food was great at my moms, as always. Dad smoked a pork loin and a ham. It was AMAZING! Smoked meat is probably my all time fav food. Then mom made all the sides to go with it: Green Bean Casserole, Creamed Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Dressing, Gravy...plus a few sides to include Watergate salad (or was it Waldorf salad?). Whatever it was, I haven't had it in years and it was amazing. And she makes enough for everyone to take loads home and eat on it for a week! I'm in heaven.
Kids had a great time and did really well despite no naps. Both got a Easter Bucket from Mema with lots of goodies. Little Emily sure does love Baby Luke and even pushed Ethan away from him once so he wouldn't bother him at one point. She is so funny in the things she remembers. I was telling her this morning, that we were going over to Mema's house and who all was going to be there. It's sort of a game we play. "We're going over to Mema's house and we're gonna see Mema, and Grandpa and Aunt Kim and Uncle Mattie and Baby Luke and Nano, etc, etc" When I got to Baby Luke's name this morning though, she stopped me and said "and Baby Luke is crying??". So funny!
Speaking of her memory, I have another story to share. To begin with, Emily is not the type of little girl who rushes to everyone and showers them with love. She's usually gotta warm up to people (everyone) first. So, Grandpa was kinda letting her be and just adoring her from afar (I'm sure)! After dinner, we were sitting around visiting and Emily slowly made her way to Grandpa. After a few minutes, she put her hand on his knee. He didn't say anything and she just kinda stood there looking around, but still had her hand on his knee for something like 3-4 minutes. He finally said something like "did you want something Emily?" and she looked up and him and whispered "Outside?".
Two things to note here. First, she remembered that in the past when coming to Grandpa's house, he took her outside to play which is her favorite thing to do. Secondly, the fact that she so quietly made her way to him and WHISPERED "outside", makes me think she was working the "cute card" to get herself some play time outside. This story, shared to me by my mom as I missed it, will be my favorite memory of the day!
Final thoughts:
Ethan's "gelled hair" looked fantastic, till it dried out. Then it was all soft and feathery again. He's in serious need of a hair cut, which was the reason for the massive amounts of gel today, but I have a feeling he's gonna have super cool hair someday as much fun as I had with it today!
I'm not sure I can ever get enough of Baby Luke. If it wasn't for my two, he'd see me every single day. I can't wait for the day when the "3 amigos" run together.
Ethan's sandles were too small (we went with sneakers today) and Emily's sandles were a bit too big. Note to new moms: Take your kids shoe shopping. Even if you swear you know their size, all shoes fit different. I've said this to myself many times in the past 3 years, but "just know" what I find will fit. NOT! However, Emily's sandles had a little 1/2 inch heel on them and she adored them so she dealt with it so she could drive her me nuts hopping around on the tile floor (TINK TINK,....TINK TINK....TINK TINK TINK TINK....etc) Smiles and laughs make it bareable....lol!
Stay tuned for pictures in the next few days. Thank goodness Kim was on the ball and got some good ones today. I only got a few and Bert maybe got some but I haven't had a chance to check the camera yet.
Have I mentioned smoked meat ROCKS!?!?
2 comments:
Can't wait for the pics!
You better get some pics posted. The kids were so cute! Love the "outside" story.
Post a Comment