Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sleeping with Ethan

So, Ethan's been teething and nights have been pretty rough. However, getting Ethan to sleep at night has been somewhat entertaining. I always put him in his bed at night at home and he puts himself to sleep. While in Iowa, I've been laying down with him at night till he drifts off. Sometimes, it takes awhile but he is very cute winding down.

We usually lay on our sides facing each other. I lay with both eyes closed, except one is cracked so I can watch what he's doing. He does the typical things like just looking around, playing with his feet, etc. However, he's started doing something that just cracks me up.

He will lift the lid of my one closed eye and peer into it like he's wondering if there is still an eye under there. It's so funny. After he lets the lashes go and I shut my eye, he goes after it again. He doesn't do it as a joke, he is genuinely curious if my eye is still under there. It's so funny to have him get nearly nose to nose so he can check out my eye socket.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a sweet, inquisitve baby boy. I just love him. It is so fun to snuggle with these little guys!