Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving



I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. The whole family was off this year except for Kati Ann. I worked a night shift the night before but was able to catch a couple of hour nap before meeting at Moms at 12:30. I brought the spicy deviled eggs everyone likes but that was it. Just not enough time this year to make a whole lot but there was sure plenty to eat. Kim brought two types of dressing and creamed corn. Mom provided everything else including 2 turkeys, mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, fruit plate and rolls. There was also 3 types of pies/desserts. Uncle Bill and Pop came too. It was a good time.

We stayed and visited and made Cmas lists for everyone. After we got home, I was exhausted. Bert made a trip to ToysRus around 10 pm but turned around and came right back home. He decided after he saw the crowd, he didn't even want to mess with the hassle. Can't blame him....I was surprised he even thought about it!

I did not even attempt shopping on Black Friday. It's just not my scene. I've decided it is almost a large group of people which make up this weird cult of early bird, insane crowds, attitudes and traffic to save a few hundred bucks or so. Maybe when the kids are older and start having specific wants and needs, I will have to resort to such deals but right now, I'm finding just as amazing deals online, that gets shipped to my house FOR FREE. So all you cult members have FUN!

I came in tonight to work 4 hours. I'm too tired to stay past that though, even with them running short tonight. I have the kids this weekend and I need to get my sleep back on track. I'm working with the 'new' Mindy, Christie and Dave.

No comments: