Friday, October 13, 2006

My kids rock

I know all parents say their kids are awesome and I suppose I am one of them.

Anyone that's spent any time at all with Emily, knows she's like a ball of fire. If I had a quarter of the energy she does, my house would be spotless. Non-stop on the go all the time. Usually nap times and bedtime comes when she starts getting whiney and never has she just fallen asleep outside of her crib.....like say on the couch or on her favorite blanket.

Until today!

I'm reading a flyer I got in the mail and noticed how quiet things had gotten. Usually this means trouble so I glanced at the kitchen table as Emily favorite thing to do right now is crawl up on it. Hmmm, don't see her, but do see a foot sticking out from under one of the chairs. This little girl and stopped in her tracks and fallen asleep on the floor under the table. Just plum wore herself out this morning.

Ethan is awake more throughout the day for short periods of time. He has started smiling now and it's very cute. He likes to stare at our ceiling fan and a few pieces of art we have hanging in the living room of dark abstract shapes. I like him awake more during the day as hopefully, he'll sleep better at night. I was spoiled earlier this week with his 5-6 hour a night sleep on a couple of nights. The last few nights, it's been about every 3 hours again. That type of sleep really drags ya down. Bert started a 48 today so I'm hoping he sleeps good tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I can't imagine her doing that but great visuals. I hope you took a picture.