Monday, October 16, 2006

Passed on the Frostbite

Yesterdays BarBQ was a lot of fun, despite the temperature only being 59 degrees. Thats actually not too cold, but there was a wind that seemed to drop it down in the 40's each time it blew.

I had planned on letting Emily get her feet wet in the creek, but as cold as it was, decided to wait till next Spring. No sense letting her get frost bite on those little feet I say.

It was your typical BarBQ with burgers, brats, beans and potato salad. Then people brought foods they liked as well. We're a big dip family, usually with crackers. 4 different dips made this years event: Dill, Garlic, Pesto and Spinach. I could live off this stuff.

Emily stole the show running around and checking things out. My grandfather and aunt have two Pappion dogs (Lola and Stella) and she had a good time running around with them. She also found the hammock my grandfather tied between two trees a few years ago. She had fun swinging in it. If I remember right, those things can throw you if your not careful, but she managed to stay in it.

Ethan slept for a good part of the afternoon. When he woke up, it was too cold and windy to hold him outside so my mother sat with him in the car. Everyone "ohhhh'd" and "awwww'd" over him as well. He'll be more active next year I'm sure.

I'm unable to upload images for some reason right now. I'll add some pictures of the days events whenever Blogger lets me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.