Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Birthday Party/Hot Hot Weather/Poker



Weekend before last, Ethan went to hit first Birthday Party. Baby Noah turned 1 and his mom and dad threw a really nice first birthday party for him complete with all the cool stuff first birthday partys are supposed to have. Lot's of balloons, balls and toys and the kids all had a blast.

It's been so hot here lately that we havn't gotten out and done a whole lot. Late afternoons, it's miserable. Since Ethan goes to bed around 7pm, Emily and I will go out around 7:30 and play outside till dark.

Last night, Aunt Kim came over and stayed with the kids while Bert and I went to Miami OK and played poker. I didn't do so hot but Bert won a lot. I only called the house 4 times, even though I knew Kim wouldn't have any problems. This was the first time we'd gone out on our own in 2 1/2 years. It was fun and a nice break.

Ethan is very close to walking. He's tackled finger foods with no problem. We have to watch Emily though because she always wants to share what she's eating.

Emily is doing wonderful. Potty training hasn't gone real smooth but she'll get it eventually. Her and Ethan play really well together despite those times she bullies him around. What she doesn't realize is he's going to be bigger than her someday so she better watch it. lol

Ethan's got a birthday coming up. We've invited a few friends and all the family. We thought we'd do a lite BBQ as well for his 1st. Just burgers, chips and maybe a crock pot of beans or something.

No comments: