Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Food Network Rules!

I bet I have the Food Network on my kitchen TV atleast 5 hours a day. I love several of the shows on there. Too bad I can't get my kids past fish sticks or mac and cheese.

Ethan has become very independent at meal times. If he can't feed himself, he pretty much does not eat. The latest goal for Emily is to STAY at the table until she's done eating. Ms Busy Body can't seem to do just one thing at a time.

We had two Chuck E Cheese birthday parties to attend last week. The kids had a great time at both parties. Emily ventured into the big tunnel maze that winds around the ceiling of the place. However, she'd only go up there with Charles. Once there though, she loved it. Both the kids pigged out on pizza too. I'm not sure how...they have crappy pizza (but a great salad bar)

I think Emily is going to be in trouble someday. Ethan has already started to fight back. He'll take a swing (usually missing) or attempt to chase after her when Emily is mean to him. He's taken a few handfuls of hair and jumped her case by yelling at her a few times....which is hilarious...I can't help but laugh. He doesn't say a word but his little body shakes when he yells at her that hard. I'd say when all those teeth do come in, Emily will be sporting some pretty unusual bruises.

Still no results on the "potty". Ems will sit there anytime but will not "go". We visit the potty about 20 times a day (sigh)

Not a whole lot planned for the week. Bert or I work every day and we have poker league this Sat night. It's the last game before the big final. It's kinda nice actually, I'm tired of running running and hope to get some cleaning done this week (yea right)

It's also almost time to get Christmas stuff out. I probably won't put any ornaments on the tree again, just a bagazillion lights and garland. This year though, I'm putting out a bunch more decorations. I have lots of lighted decorations which Emily will love. Plus we have the lighted Christmas tree and lighted presents that will go out on the lawn. The kids will be able to see them out their bedroom window. Wait....I should probably put those Halloween decorations away first eh?

Wanted to mention a quilt a friend made for Emily as a baby gift. It's mostly pastel colors and probably 4 foot in length. When Emily was an infant, we used to spread it out and she'd lay on it, play on it, etc. I loved this quilt because it has a lot of purple in it AND it was handmade which makes it special. I'm glad to say that Emily has grown into this quilt. She now will not sleep unless she has it with her. She has to have the blankey that Aunt Linny gave her up around her face and she also has to have the quilt/blanket that Mindy made her laying across her to cover up with. I'm glad Emily loves this quilt because I absolutly love it too.

Anyway, here's some pics from Chuck E Cheeses. Ethan loved the slide and even did it himself several times. Emily is finally big enough to do things other than baby rides. We have a great time there.



No comments: