Thursday, November 01, 2007

Iowa and Octoberfest 2007

We just got back from our October trip to Iowa. We always go this time of year to experience Octoberfest and Bert helps get things ready for the big day.

We left on Tues night (23rd) and drove all night. Ethan didn't travel as well as he's done in the past and I think teething had a lot to do with it. We left Springfield around 9:30 pm and arrived in Remsen around 6 am. Long night of driving but I got to sleep the next morning since I did most of the driving.

The first day is getting aclimated to the messed up sleep. The kids are kinda cranky the first couple of days but tend to chill out about the third day. Ethan was up the first two nights and just did not want to go back to sleep.

It was nice visiting with everyone and spending time with the family. It was busy around the inlaws place, especially over the weekend. Chuck works nights but Morrie brought over a travel trailer and he slept there (atleast some).

Octoberfest went off problem free. Bert, Travis, Jason, Jessica and I stayed up till nearly 4 am playing Phase 10. How we didn't keep Linda and Cheryl (who were asleep in the living room) up all night is beyond me.

Sunday came and Ruth, Heather, Kalee, Alyssa and I all went to the malls in Sioux City for some shopping. I bought a lot of cute outfits for Emily. We also ate at Olive Garden which was wonderful.

Monday, Bert and I took turns sleeping and preparing to leave for home that night. We left Remsen at 7:45 planning on stopping at Morrie and Heather's to watch the game but the kids were in no mood so we opted to just head home. They did much better on the trip home with barely any fussing at all. We got home around 3:30am and made record time.

Emily found a box to play in.


If I had a dime for each time Ethan got in this cabinet alone, I could quit work forever.

1 comment:

Linnie said...

Well, if nana didn't put breakables in that cabinet Ethan could play in it----I think we should blame her!!!!! (If you tell her I said that, I will deny it)