I hope everyone who takes the time to read this blog has a great Thanksgiving. Or, if you've traveled, made it home safe, sound and full.
Bert's off this year and we're going to my parents house for dinner. My grandmother is also going to come. This is the first Thankgiving my mom is having at her new home.
My walmart trip is made and I've got the fixins for Baked Beans and Deviled Eggs. Eggs are boiled and waiting for me to manipulate in the morning. Beans are really simple and I'll do those in the morning. This is probably one of the best eating holidays there is in my opinion.
I've decided to venture out on Black Friday. This will be the first time I've ever done what is becoming a national holiday it seems. I'll be at Walmart about 4:30 am and grab as many deals as possible starting at 5. My neighbor also suggested I get a paper tomorrow and check out the ads for any other great deals in Springfield that I just can't miss. So now I've been scrambling to get lists together so I can be prepared. (Have I mentioned I hate mornings?)
Anyway, kids are doing great. Ethan is walking more and more every day. I'd say he walks more now than he crawls. He's getting to where he fights back when Emily bullies him. She's a quick learner too though and I've watched as she takes a swing at him, then takes a step back because she knows he's gonna swing back. He misses most of the time and just gives out a yell. Sometimes though, he's so mad when he yells, he draws it out to a point where his whole body shakes as he runs out of breath. My boy has learned what "being pissed" is. I give it 6 months then there are going to be some real battles going on around here.
Emily got a bang trim this week while daddy got his hair cut. No hair cut for Ethan. His curls are just now coming back. It could change, but at this point, he's gonna have thick curly hair soon.
Ems is talking a lot more too. We've been working on noun/verb combos and she is doing really good with that. She repeats A LOT, probably too much at times. "That boy" and "oh my lord" comes out in great dramatics sometimes. She can also say "clock" now, no problem.
We got snow flurries tonight! Certain people say that our winter is going to be worse than last year. I really hope they're wrong.
Stay tuned for Thanksgiving pics later this week. Also hoping to get a decent shot to put on a Christmas card. We'll see about that.
3 comments:
Fantastic food you put together! Can't wait to see turkey day pics. You are INSANE for heading out on hitting the stores so early. Just goes to show what a devoted mom you are!
Hope you had fun on Black Friday---I did. I was going to call but was busy getting many bargains!!!
I prepared myself for the worst on Black Friday so it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I'll never to ToysRUs on Black Friday but Walmart was no big deal. Kohls was a long line but the bargains were worth it. I think I stood in line for about an hour to check out. Radio Shack, right in and right out. Sears..a bit crazy but not extreme.
Post a Comment