Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Counting Down to Christmas

December has flown by with school, work and shopping for Christmas. Other than a little Mario Kart action in the wii here and there, I have had little time for anything else.

However, everything is falling into place quite nicely. Since I ventured out on Black Friday and got MEGA deals, I had very little else to do and most of that was done online. I have a few online sites I buy from and usually even get free shipping. Since the prices are the same, and usually lower than what I would buy in a regular store around here, I am ahead even further because I don't have to get out and fight the crowds or waste my gas. It's a win-win. Online shopping is the way to go depending on your list.

Emily is very excited about Christmas. She helped decorate the 7 1/2 foot new pre-lit Christmas tree this year and had a really good time. We wind down at night reading Christmas books after playing a round on the wii of course. I really didn't decorate much more than that because of time but I'd say little hands would not be able to keep from playing with any decor I put out. Maybe next year. This was also the first year in 3 Christmas's that I put ornaments back on the tree. I'm in need of some new ones so will hit after Christmas sales this year too. woot woot!

School rocks! I took my English final this week and got an A. I finished with an A in that class. I have a algebra regular test tomorrow which should be no problem, and then the final will be in two weeks. I really like algebra and am looking forward to next semester (Yes, I'm one of those that people hate who do not like algebra hahahaha!!!). I hope the professor is just as good but he came recommended from this semester's teacher so I'm pretty confident. If algebra remains this easy to understand, I might help some friends of mine get through the class next semester. Maybe I could get some extra money on the side tutoring!

Sociology and psychology final is next week. I'm making A's in both those classes too and don't expect the finals to be difficult at all. After those tests though, I will be able to relax more and really get into the Christmas spirit. Usually by this time, I've got a bunch of recipes planned out to take to all the Christmas parties and events. Not so much this year yet but it will work out.

I wanted to take a minute and thank those of you who have been so supportive these past few months with me returning to school. Bert has been amazing and behind me every step of the way. My sister is an absolute angel. Every one of you know who you are. Emily "wants to go to mommy's school so she can work on the computer all the time". (Awwww) Encouraging words have really motivated me. Those with NOT so encouraging words have motivated me as well (Yep, I know haha, and it's ok). Having my children and then returning to school, is without doubt, the most empowering thing I have ever done and I appreciate those who have supported me.

On that note, watch your mail boxes for Christmas Cards. They will be out by the weekend.

No comments: