Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mama Staab's Chili (Safe for picky husbands)

I actually can't take credit for this. Bert's mom gave me this recipe over 10 years ago and I've not changed a thing. We love it.

2 lb hamburger
1 avg green onion, chopped
1/2 avg onion, chopped
1 Can red kidney beans
1 Can chili beans
1 TBSP chili powder
40 oz tomato juice

Brown hamburger with green pepper and onion. Drain. Mix hamburger, green pepper and onion with remaining ingredients. Simmer one hour.

People won't believe there weren't more ingredients or that it is so easy!

I made this tonight. Perfect way to end a blistery cold day.

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

cool blog

Anonymous said...

It appears the level of my language is the need to improve, because some things I can not understand, but I still firmly believe that here is a very good article!