Monday, November 20, 2006

Early Morning Crash

I havn't rolled out of bed since I was a kid. Have you ever had one of those dreams where your falling and wake up in mid fall? Thats sorta where I was this morning, but this time it was real.

Still not sure how or why I did it. I felt myself falling and was initially woke me up with my arm slamming onto the bedside table. This was followed closely by the crash of a lamp and alarm clock tumbling across the table as I desperatly and blindly grasped for something to hold onto.

No such luck as I clung onto the alarm clock and took it down with me. My right leg instinctively tried to find the floor but found the babies bassinette instead and my back finally found the bed frame just before I landed on all fours in the floor.

To make matters worse, my arms didn't technically land on the floor, but in a clothes basket I had sitting beside the bed. I didn't move for a few seconds, making sure the fall was really over, then steadied myself with one hand on the edge of the basket so I could push myself up (that would be the hand not holding the alarm clock).

Next thing I know, the basket flips and my nose is met with the top of the basket. One of those nose hits that makes your eyes water and you question as to whether you'll now have a deviated septum. And somehow I managed to tear the skin on the palm of my left hand which eventually required direct pressure to stop bleeding.

The only thing that could have made the scene worse was if it was witnessed. Thank god Bert was working. I'm hoping its not an indication of how my days going to be. If anyone has a falling out of bed story that could top this, I gotta hear it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you weren't ass up in the cemetary!!!

Anonymous said...

well omg...I don't have a story better than that. the visuals will last a lifetime though. i would have loved to have been the witness!!! a. freaking. riot.