This is what I look forward to on Saturday nights now, especially when Bert works. I'm curled up in my flannel jammers, super thick socks with hair in a scrunchie. Feels pretty good actually.
Ethan is 10 weeks old now. Still pretty much just sleeps and eats. He has started smiling and 'cooing' more and more. There is nothing in this world like having your baby sons face light up when he sees you coming. I got an actual giggle from him this morning while changing him. He thought getting his head caught in his outfit was pretty darn funny. This was the first time he's ever giggled. He's such a good baby.
Emily is going through a jealousy phase. She does fine with Ethan when he's in his swing or bouncy chair. But the moment I pick him up, she starts yelling or misbehaving, trying to get attention. Usually I just have to threaten "time out" once and she settles down. Eventually, she's going to figure out that if I'm feeding Ethan, I'm not going to stop to sit her in a chair for a minute and a half.
People keep telling me how lucky I am at her nap and bedtime habits. It's the same routine every time. I say "time for ni ni Emily" and she rarely fusses or doesn't stop what she's doing to head that way. Then it's a sippy cup of milk, find her blanket and set her in bed (after getting ni ni kisses). Toss in a couple of books and she's set. I can only hope Ethan will be just as good.
Yesterday we went to see my grandmother who recently moved to The Waterford. This is a huge event in our family as it was a tough decision for her to make after my grandmother passed away in July. I'm sure she hated it (who wouldn't) when she first got there but is making an attempt not to be just miserable. She plays nickel bingo and gets out and socializes with the other residences. She's booked a dining room for Thanksgiving so thats where we are all going for dinner, made by the Waterford staff. It sure won't be like previous Thanksgivings, but atleast we'll be together.
After our visit, we went to Texas Roadhouse for an early dinner. We like to go during slow times just in case the kids are crazy. I had chicken fried steak (awesome) and Bert had prime rib. He said it's the best in town. I also think their rolls rock. Emily did fine munching on fries and rolls and playing with sugar packets. Ethan woke up once but did fine with having a bottle propped while we finished dinner.
Yesterday was also big for me as I was able to fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans with room to spare. That was a rich feeling!
I had a bunch of things to write about when I sat down but most have escaped me.
Quote of the Day:
Do just ONCE what others say you can't do and you'll never pay attention to their limitations again
1 comment:
You make being a mom sound so easy!
Awesome about your jeans! You have done so great! We need to shop!
Post a Comment