Thanksgiving went off without a snag. As I mentioned earlier, it was at the Waterford, which is an independent senior living apartment complex that my grandmother recently moved into in Springfield. She was able to reserve the only dining room of the place. I figured since she'd only been there less than a month that someone else would have reserved it, but it was available.
The room is decorated really nice with carpet, china cabinets, floral centerpieces and chandeliers even. Emily loved the chandaliers. (I probably spelled chanaliers wrong but I just realized I've never had an opportunity to type that word before and now I'm too lazy to look it up)
My previous comments about the food were negative and I was pleasantly surprised by what the chef (yea, a real chef from there) made for us. Sweet potato pie which was really sweet, green bean casserole which was creamy, mashed potatos which were buttery and whipped and real stuffing that was topped with crushed crackers. The turkey was sliced right at our table and served. For dessert, your pick was pumpkin, apple or pecan pie. It was all really good and the gals who served us were really nice. Plus, no tips would be accepted so don't even try. For $8.50 a plate, I recomment this place for anyone who has family there.
Mom also brought homemade rolls which were really good, even cold. I made some cream cheese appetizers that my grandmother loves and requested.
In additon to our family, "Nano" invited 3 residents from there as well. Two were friends of hers that she knew prior to moving there. The third lady, named Ruth, is actually a cousin of my other grandmother. I remember meeting her a long time ago. The other two ladies were really funny too. They flirsted with my brother in law and were just fiesty in conversation. I like hanging out with those type of elderly people.
Anyway, Im a bit late at wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, but it's still the holiday weekend so I think it still counts.
1 comment:
you forgot to mention the part where nano called the lesbian grandaugter (surprise guest) a "handome young man". that will go down in the books as one of the most awkward moments ever!
Post a Comment