Not a whole lot has gone on this past week, other than getting back into the routine of things after our trip to Iowa. Emily has been in a awesome mood. I know she likes being around all the kids and family in Iowa, but I really think she's glad to be back in familiar surroundings.
Bert missed 2 days work this week, horribly sick with the flu. He said he tried to make it to work but did one of those "come to a screaming stop" on the side of Hwy 160 and left his mark in the ditch, not once.....but about 10 times. He has said not to fix chili again for a long long time.
This is big as Bert has not thrown up in 33 years. I find this really weird, but he says he's always done whatever it took not to throw up because he just absolutly hates vomiting. Well, who doesn't, but there have been several times in the past 33 years where I brain lost the war with my stomach over vomiting.
So, he came home and was banned to the bedroom, hoping not to give it to me or the kiddos. He went to bed around 3 pm on Wednesday and didn't get up for anything but bathroom visits until 8pm Thursday. He felt better but really wasn't 100% until Saturday.
Ethan had his 2 month visit on Tuesday. Doctor Fusco says he's doing good. He weights 12.1 lbs (75%), his height his normal and his head growth is above average. He also got 3 injections, but handled them a lot better than Emily did. I mentioned this, just in conversation, to the nurse who said, "yea, most boys do handle them better...girls are such drama queens". Oh no she didn't just dis my daughter!!! I let it go though. No sense facing assualt charges till I really have to.
Poker was Friday night. I came in 4th out of 10. As long as I don't completly screw up December's game, it looks like I'll be going to the Final Table in January. If we can find enough people, we'll be doing the league again next year. Thank god for Aunt Kim, whose going to watch the babies so I can play.
1 comment:
awww...no other place I would rather be!
Post a Comment