Friday, April 04, 2008

Hello Deputy Phillips

Ethan's latest "trick" is dialing 911. The first time he did it, he was sitting next to Bert. He initially didn't realize he'd dialed "911" until the 911 center called back (which is standard for 911 hang-up calls) and Bert assured them everything was ok. I was at work that time.

Yesterday, I tried for 2 hours to get a hold of Bert about something and kept getting the machine. He finally called me back and said he met a county deputy. I asked why and he said he didn't realize Ethan had taken the phone to his bedroom and dialed 911 until the officer arrived at the door. HA HA HA! Both times while I was at work.

Mental Note: Keep the phone out of small hands. I've given Bert so much crap about this that if it ever happens to me, he'll never let me live it down.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Well, at least you know he knows what to do if there is an emergency. He is a smart little guy.

I can remember the time my boys did this. They were about 5 and 6. They were so shocked when the dispatch center called back and they got busted.

Kim said...

HILARIOUS! How do kids just KNOW to hit those buttons?

Linnie said...

The irony is----Ethan's Mom and Dad make their livings relying on the "911" emergency system. I TOLD you he was exceptionally bright!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a smart guy! Now to teach him about the boy who dialed WOLF. :)