I've been looking forward to this weekend all week. It's supposed to be sunny and warn and perfect for playing outside. This horrid wind we've had all week is supposed to die down too.
Both Emily and Ethan had little colds that lasted one day this week. Low grade fever and runny noses was the worst of it and both were better by the next day. The are running around this morning, basically driving me crazy! I think they want out to run around too!
Baby Luke came to visit us this week while Kim went to a meeting. He is such a good little baby. I love snuggling with him in the rocker. He makes the cutest faces when he sleeps. Emily LOVES this little baby too. She is super careful and gentle when she holds him and even after Luke leaves, will act like she's talking on the phone to "baby Luke". Ethan on the other hand, doesn't have much to do with anyone when Luke's around. I think he's a tad bit jealous. He isn't mean to him or anything, just avoids the room he's in. haha!
Next weekend, the enormous swing set hopefully gets built in the backyard. Bert is optimistic that it will only take a day. I'm guessing more like two weekends. We shall see ;) The kids are going to have so much fun on that this summer. And, hopefully, I can get some flower beds going and maintained.
I don't talk about work much here for several reasons but did want to mention a very cool thing that happened this week. I got to help a grandma deliver her grandson by giving directions on the phone this past week during a night shift. I got my medic liscence in 1991 and NEVER got to deliver one in the field OR help deliver one by phone. It's just not something that happens a lot. What made it even better, is that everything went PERFECT. I was pretty excited.
2 comments:
COOL!! WOW! You delivered a baby that wasn't your own! Way to go!!!
You have been involved in quite a bit of baby delivery this year!
Post a Comment