Thursday, June 03, 2010

Emily has a new belly button

I was so proud of my Emily yesterday.

She has an "outtie" belly button. In medical terms, a herniated umbilicus that was repaired yesterday morning. I held off telling her about it until the day before and she was immediately scared. Her biggest concerns was that she would get a shot and I assured her she would but would be asleep and not feel it.

She had to be that at 5:30 AM!!! I left it up to her who she wanted to go with her as one parent had to stay home with Ethan. I would have gladly gone had she wanted me to but she wanted her Daddy to go with her. He woke me up a little before 5 and we got her up and let her go in her new pajamas. She looked so sweet and innocent walking out the door.

Bert called later and said everything went fine. He joked that they gave her a drink composed of something that began the sedation process and as it kicked in, she got real giggly and couldn't sit up. When she got home, she seemed a little groggy but wanted to get dressed and go play outside. I dressed her in her play clothes and told her to just be careful with her tummy. The doc said she could do whatever she could tolerate (but swimming and biking).

Off she goes. I check on her after a few minutes and she's SWINGING ON HER TUMMY! I liked to had a heart attack!

I went to work and she seemed just fine. Really didn't have much to say about the event as she did not remember it.

Today, she woke up kinda sore so we started the codeine they prescribed. She's pretty funny on codeine. Tomorrow will be a big event. The bandage comes off.

No comments: