Saturday, June 05, 2010

Score!

I've never been the type to have to have the top of the line clothing items, brand new off the rack. Matter of fact, no matter how much money I ever make, I will probably always be a HUGE fan of thrifty shopping like yard sales, ebay and CL.

Yesterday, was a success! While money is tight right now, I'm all about "previously worn items in excellent condition". I got a cute skirt on from a North sider for 5 bucks and also drove to Kimberling City and scored huge with 8 tops from Dress Barn and Lane Bryant. Easily, one of these tops would cost $25 bucks at one of these stores but I got all eight for $25, plus the cost of gas. I now have some more dressier items in my closet besides Tshirts and sweat pants.

I am back to ebaying it again. I might even start selling my crap on ebay again if I don't get any takers on CL. Every little bit helps and you can get some easy cash at these two places with relatively little work. I loved working night shifts in dispatch and browsing ebay all night for super deals. At one time, I would have a box arrive in the mail from a won auction 3-4 times a week. How fun that was!

No comments: