What a week!!! Seriously....what a week!
Bert's been in Iowa all week. His mom is very sick and he needed to be there with her and take care of her while she started her treatment for cancer. I stayed home so i could not miss any school. Otherwise, I would have been there with him and her. The kids stayed home with me and we made it pretty well, however, I have a whole new level of appreciation for single moms.
It was slightly stressful and COSTLY to find a sitter for school monday thru thursday, and also for an evening shift on Friday night. However, I have an awesome circle of babysitters and they all pulled through for me. However, I was in charge of meals and baths and meals and entertainment and all that goes with taking care of toddlers and it got to be a lot. Add in massive studying for a micro class and all that goes along with running a household and I was overwhelmed by day 4. I am very proud to say that once again, I pulled through, and pulled through well!
Real single moms have to toss in a job in all that. How do they do it?
Bert will be home tomorrow. His babies have missed him and he has missed them. We will go out and have a Father's Day dinner Monday night.
The original mama staab handled her first day of chemo like a trooper.....like I knew she would. She sounded actually amazing tonight while I talked to her on the phone. I can't imagine going through what she is....but really...its a matter of pushing forward and doing what you have to. I expected nothing less from her.
No comments:
Post a Comment