Weird dreams last night made me sleep horribly but I still got up today, determined to be the "fun" parent. I feel sorry for my kids sometimes because when I am buried under schoolwork, they are left to entertain themselves. Luckily, they are still easy to entertain.
I took the kids to Nathanial Greene park. It's a really pretty park, and safe from what I've heard. We got their around 10, left about 12:30. I let them decide when to go and it was Emily who wanted to go because it was so hot. Ethan's favorite thing to do is play in dirt, and throwing dirt, at anyone who walks by. The place was packed. Lots of what looked like jr high kids along with school buses made me think it was like the last day of school or something.
They were filthy when we left, but I had promised them Wendy's for lunch so off we go. I had planned on cleaning them up in the bathroom but the Wendy's in Nixa does not have paper towels. Not only do they have the blowers to dry your hands, but their are the SUPER dryers that sound like a 747 jet engine when on. It scared Ethan to death. So, with attempts at cleaning their faces but with clean hands, we had an uneventful lunch except for telling and preparing Emily for her surgery tomorrow.
She has a herniated umbilicus that is being repaired tomorrow. They put her out for it and she won't even feel the IV being placed. However, she is very concerned about why she has to have it if it does not bother her. I just explained it to her and made it much better by telling her she could pick out a new pair of pajamas for the surgery. This seemed to make her feel much better.
Then we made a big Walmart run. It's sad to say, but I was one of those "people of Walmart", with kids grimy and sweaty and me a sweaty mess as well. And, Ethan did his usual screaming fit at the beginning because he does not want to sit in the cart. Some old guy in a electric stroller hollared at my boy, saying one of the bathroom sponges I was standing beside would fit nicely in his mouth. It took every bit of strength I could muster to NOT tip his chair over.
Now we are home. $170 dollars worth of Walmart stuff is put away (Jesus Ca-Hrist) and I'm sitting in the air while the kids are swealtering outside in the heat (their choice).
Also working the next 2 days, 3-11. Nice to be making that money again! That reminds me, I wanted to post something about one of my gal-pals....
No comments:
Post a Comment