Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Library Center

Everyone has told me this place is amazing. I finally got off my butt and took the kids there this week. I've kinda held off because libraries are supposed to be quiet so my two toddlers would be like a bull in a china cabinet. But, Emily loves to look at books so I decided we just would not stay long.

The place is so big it's like a little mall. Little gift shop on the right, little coffee shop on the left, several conference rooms on either side. The library part is enormous. We were directed to the kids area and it is really nice, set up for kids and very kid friendly. Emily immediately liked the computers and sat down to try and figure a game out. Ethan ran around and named off things he say ...."giraffe"..."hippo"...etc. I picked Emily out some picture books of animals and she sat right down at a table and started going through them. I think she will be my library partner for sure.

Ethan likes to run around still but did really well with his "whisper" voice. I learned how to use the card catalog system and found where the non-fiction section was, along with the new releases books. Other than that, I did not feel like pushing it. We were there for about 45 minutes but I plan on spending a lot of time there, both with the kids and without.

Oh, and at $50 bucks for non-residents, I bet I make my money back in movie rentals alone.

No comments: