So I wanted to play around with the labels option of this blog site and see how it works. I thought I would make a restaurant section and leave feedback and opinions of places we eat at, old and new. I also plan on making a recipe section too (hopefully)
So last week, I mentioned that Bert and I went to Hinode's for dinner. It's a really good Japanese steakhouse. It's one of three I've eaten at in Springfield. I think the portions are bigger and the price is just a tad smaller than Nakatos and Fuji's.
Some friends of mine and I use to eat there about twice a month, either to celebrate an occasion or "just cuz". We had a favorite chef there, his name was "Hung" but haven't seen him around in a long time.
They start us out with drinks and offer sushi type stuff (no thanks). Then bring us a soup and salad. The soup reminds me of chicken broth with a fresh sliced mushroom or two in it. The salad is just your basic salad with a thousand island type dressing on it.
The waitress takes your order and a chef comes shortly to fix everything up for you on a hibachi type grill. I have tried just about everything there but always tend to go with seafood. This time I had a salmon and steak combo.
So the chef comes out, introduces himself, then does some cute tricks with his untensils and putting on a little show. Then he starts with rice, followed by veggies and noodles. Most of the chefs there are pretty good about making conversation and making people laugh.
The food is always good and I always eat too much and have enough for lunch the next day. One of the best things there though is the seafood sauce they serve with the seafood. I tend to get extra, plus Berts and drizzle it over all my food....it's THAT good.
So anyway, that's my short review on Hinodes.
3 comments:
As good as peanut sacue? I'm so hungry now...grrr.
You have to teach me how to do the side label thing. I love that function!
Sounds good! Especially the part about it being just you and Bert. Having a no kids night is so rare and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. And please help Kim! I think she really needs it. :)
BTW, When I think of Hinode, I think of rice. http://www.hinode.us/
Post a Comment