The baby shower and poker game went off really great last weekend. Kim had 18 guests and baby Patterson scored BIG. Planning and prep went off pretty much without a glich. Amy, Kim's friend, was a great help. She picked up the cake, brought nearly all the decorations and even brought a bubble machine to set at the front door. Mom made the punch and a double batch was nearly gone by the end of the 2 hours. Check out my sis's blog listed in the links to the right for more details and lots of pictures.
Thirteen people showed for poker Saturday night. Bert or I didn't win any money but I don't go into it planning to...I just like to play cards. I fixed a buffet with tacos and all that goes with it, Taco Dip and Rotel Dip. Everyone said they liked the food. We also got to meet the new player who will be playing league poker with us starting next month. His name is Greg and he's a hoot.
Sunday was clean up and relax day. I also took Kim the bassinette she gave me for my babies to her house to use with her new baby. We also went to Cracker Barrel and picked up a rocker to go in the babies room. She has so many things in that house for the new baby, it's truly amazing.
Monday, I worked a day shift and today, Bert works and I'm on mommy duty. Things are back to normal for the time being. I'm also getting use to the new laptop which is working perfectly (thank god!) Last week was horrid getting it going and getting the wireless set up to work right. I counted it up and I spent about 9 hours total on the phone with various tech supports from either HP or Sudden Link. After trading that one in last week, this one has run without one single problem. Do they make "lemon" laptops???
So the next upcoming events are a jewelry party next Tuesday, a trip to Iowa after that, and Emily's birthday party around the 18th. We're doing Chuck E Cheeses this year and she'll have fun doing that. She's been to a couple of parties there and loves to run around.
Speaking of "back to normal"....I better get on this laundry pile. Catch ya later.
2 comments:
Chuck is awesome for parties! Hope you all have fun! Celebrated there when Z turned 3.
Can't wait to celebrate the bit THREE at the Cheese!
Thanks again for the amazing party. You are the best eva!
Post a Comment