This month seems to be flying by too. Seems like just last week we celebrated Christmas!
Bert went to work today and will be pretty much gone until next Wednesday night. He has a few 12 hour shifts, where he'll be home at night, but goes right back in the next day. And since Ethan's carseat is STILL messed up, we'll be hanging out at the house with occasional trips outside if it's not too cold. Emily and I went for a walk today while Ethan napped. We just walked up and down our street but she enjoyed getting out of the house. We also played on the neighbors swings and trampoline. I can't wait to get their swingset built in their own backyard this spring.
I went ahead and got baths out of the way mid afternoon. Just one less thing to do tonight. I don't normally bath them at the same time anymore unless I'm also wanting to wash the entire bathroom, but I did today. It went amazingly well...no fighting...no slinging water...nothing! It seems when I prepare for the worse, things go much smoother.
Now Emily is taking a late afternoon snooze (which I'm about to wake her up from) and Ethan is entertaining himself with a puzzle.
I got an address list together today also for a jewelry party I'm hosting February 5th. The host sent me 50 (YES FIFTY) labels and said she hoped I could fill them all with addresses of people to invite. I thought to myself, "I don't even know 50 women" so thought about inviting my family in Iowa. Then I decided she wouldn't think that was very funny since she pays the postage to send the invites out. Oh well, I hope there is a decent show of people. I went to my first one last year and they are actually a lot of fun. Plus, I'm serving alcohol and those types of parties always go well. haha!
I'm also in the final stages of planning my sister's baby shower which is Jan 26th. I'm looking forward to that so much! It's going to be a lot of fun.
Miss Emily has informed me she has no intentions of "going potty like a big girl" anytime soon. sigh...sigh...SIGH. She has, on the other hand, gotten an enormous sweet tooth for chocolate just in the last few days. I think I'm going to use that as a bargaining tool when the time comes. I think she's ready in some ways but she's my daughter so she'll be a bit stubborn about it I'm sure.
Ethan is doing wonderful. As long as his routine is not interrupted in any way, he's a breeze. He still only has 4 teeth, but I see some trying to pop through, even in the back where his molars will come in eventually. They will probably all come at once and cause him a lot of discomfort for awhile. He also laid on the couch with me the other night for the first time, right before bed time. I loved it when Emily did that but she's all independent now and would rather watch a movie in her room or do her own thing. He laid his head in my lap and I patted his tummy and we just watched TV. It was wonderful.
So, expect lots of updates in the next week as I'll be needing things to do to bide my time.
1 comment:
About the jewelry party: maybe you could invite friends and co-workers that your family knows? Like your sister's wo-workers and neighbors, mom's friends? Goal post painting mom? And make sure to have the makings for a Mojito! YUM!!
About potty: I used the positive reinforcement method. I had a potty chart with toys as incentives. Even had m&ms as added treats. I laid done the law and said no more diapers when you are awake since you are now 3 years old. I didn't push it any earlier since I didn't have to and I wanted him to be ready. Good Luck with it!
What a wonderful moment with Ethan. It is so sweet. Enjoy!
Post a Comment