Friday, January 18, 2008

Potty Training...Day 4 and 5.

Day 4 went better than I expected. She only had one accident! We went to Walmart and picked out some new books to read while in the bathroom and also got a little cake to celebrate. I am starting to think she is more impressed with all the fun things to do and eat in the bathroom than actually going potty like a big girl. We'll start cutting that out eventually. Her little face sure does light up though when she does go. It's so adorable.

Day 5 (today) went.....well...ok. I worked and I called Bert after lunch time and he said she was going on her own and telling him when she had to go. When I got home though, he was taking items out to the dumpster with a horrible look on his face. Then, I met Emily at the door, naked from the waist down...haha! Emily finally went 'stinky' after 4 days and evidently...it was pretty bad. And...she apparently didn't make it to the bathroom. So we got a little work to do yet on that part. As far as peeing though, she's got that down. (whew)

Little Ethan has about 8 teeth coming in now. He seems really uncomfortable. He's only had 4 up till now (at nearly 16 1/2 months) and I think they are all just going to pop through at once in the next few days. Poor boy :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better on DH's watch than yours! hee hee

And they will have accidents...even 1-2 years later. You need to constantly remind them. They get to a point where toilet use is just an interruption and they will hold off until the very last possible second...which may be a second too late.

Anonymous said...

I was so amazed with how far she has come in a week!

It IS the cutest thing to see how proud of herself she is. I wouldn't have missed that for the world!