Here we go again!
Emily is about a month shy of 3 and she was showing signs of being ready for potty training:
Holding it for long periods of time
Not liking a wet diaper so taking it off herself
Sitting on the potty chair and liking it
And totally digging the "Elmo Potty Time" DVD she got for Christmas.
So...I decided to try again.
We talked this morning about how big girls 'do it" and how she needed to let me know when she needed to go "pee pee". Then I showed her the brand new DORA panties she's had in her drawer for a year from her Memaw, and she liked those. So on they go with a super thick pair of sweat pants to go about our morning routine. I'm thinking the thicker sweat pants would make less a mess around my house and feel even more uncomfortable for her. OH...and how could I forget.....She was super impressed by the big bag of M&M's on the bathroom counter, ready for her enjoyment each time she went potty like a big girl.
I was correct. Mid-morning, her she came trying to walk down the hall with her feet spread as far apart as possible, repeatedly saying "UH-OH, UH-OH". Off we go to the bathroom and some more explaining was done about how she wouldn't feel that way if she went in the big girl potty. On went another pair of Dora panties and a fresh pair of super thick sweat pants and we went along with out day.
Just after lunch....."UH-OH, UH-OH", attempting once again to walk with her feet spread farther than her shoulders. Wish I could get that on video sometime haha!
Anyway, another discussion about how she wouldn't feel that way if she potty'ed like a big girl. No scolding, just normal voice. Another pair of Dora panties and another pair of thick sweats. It's 5 pm and I'm still waiting for the moment and asking her every once in awhile if she has to go. I'm also out of panties and will have to wash tonight to start fresh again tomorrow. Note to self: Go shopping with Emily Wednesday night so she can pick out more panties.
So...a slow start. I'm hoping tomorrow goes better :(
1 comment:
Sounds like you were off to the right kind of start. You can teach me all the tricks later.
Post a Comment