Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hump Day

I had so much fun today. I shopped nearly all day getting things ready for the weekend.

Kim's baby shower is Saturday at 1. I can't go into great detail because she reads my blog but I think we're going to have a a lot of fun. Watch for pictures next week.

Saturday night is an open poker game. Bert thinks there will be about 20 people here, but I usually prepare for 25-30. I'm going fairly simple on the food because of the shower earlier in the day, but I still think it's going to be good. Soft Tacos and Nachos. Now how hard can that be? I even found one of those Tortilla warmers that keep your soft shells warm at Bed, Bath and Beyond today. I was totally stoked and only 8 bucks too!

Kids are doing wonderful. Emily is doing well with her new skill still. She is such a little helper. She actually enjoys helping me pick up toys or folding laundry (she hands me what needs folded next). She also helped me decorate the basement tonight, and I'm not exaggerating. She follows along behind me and held things for me or went and got things I needed. I soooo enjoy spending time with her.

Ethan is still trying to get those teeth through. He's a tad cranky but just needs extra "luvins" right now. My neighbor said to give him rocks to chew on to break those teeth through. I'm all for any "old ways" that work, but I think I'll pass on that lol.

Bert bought me a new laptop a few days ago. We got her home and she just had all kinds of problems connecting to my wireless. I spent FIVE HOURS on the phone with HP Tech Support before we decided we were just going to take it back. So, he went today to take it back but they had none in stock. Hopefully, fingers crossed....I will have it by Saturday night.

Bert's dad has been sick but thankfully, he is on the mend and is supposed to come home from the hospital tomorrow. We're very thankful of that so send out positive vibes that he gets to go home and be ok. Bert's Dad is an amazing person!

Ok, it's late. I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Bert's daddy is back to normal soon!

Rocks?! Oh lordy! Never heard of that one before. But I have heard of rubbing liquor. Can you imagine explaining that one to the cops? Now that I think about it, rocks might be even harder to explain! Give Bubbie some extra luvin' from me too.

Your little girl IS such a helper! Z takes forever to put stuff away! He gets distracted so easily. Especially by whatever is on the tv. Gets that from his dad.

And have a great time at Kimmie's shower. I wanna see some awesome pictures!! Wish I could be there! Oh yeah, wasn't invited! What's up with that?! ;)

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW! YOU ARE THE BEST SISTER EVER!

Linnie said...

Just to update---Dad is doing much better. He got home from the hospital on Thursday and was sleeping inthe chair when I called last evening. I came home on Tuesday-----Dad called me a "tax eating, labor faker" and told me to go back to work!!!!! As long as he still has his humor, he is going to be alright. Thanks for all of the good thoughts. Kiss the babies and each other. I love and miss you all.