Saturday, February 23, 2008

3 Days coming to an End

Bert's been on a 3 day stretch and he comes home tomorrow. Normally, I don't mind these stretches but I am so ready for a break. The heating issue and Ethan being sick has made me weary! Luckily though, we all took naps today for THREE HOURS! I don't remember the last time that happened without the phone ringing or a doorbell chiming! Thank you nap gods.

Good thing about Bert working these long stretches is that he'll have a stretch of days off...this time 3 days (mostly). However, I'm pulling a 14 hour shift tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it though! Monday, I'm going to dinner with my sis. That will be AWESOME. My all time favorite thing to do right now is 'GO OUT" to eat.

Ethan is pretty much back to normal. Sometimes a cough but not one bad enough that I fell he needs a breathing treatment. He's developed a severe case of temper tantrums though and I think we'll be introducing "time out" to him over the next few days. Hitting and head butting are becoming way too frequent when he doesn't get his way. He's still my cuddler though. After his fit it over, he always wants to give lovins.

Emily has turned into a little mama. "No bubbie", "stop it bubbie" and "that's enough Bubbie" are a part of her everyday language now. And normally she is right....not being a bully so much but saying it at appropriate times. It's hilarious. She even uses the "mama finger". She picks up on way much than she should., lol

Off to bed. Long day tomorrow. Stay tuned for your next American Idol contestant too. For one who won't sit still long enough to take a picture, she sure likes to perform in front of a camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to dinner too!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful dinner! Glad to hear Bubbie is getting better and you have a "monitor". They seem to love correcting the younger ones at this age!