It's technically the 16th, but since I havn't gone to bed yet, it's still my baby girl's birthday!
I am just so proud of this little girl.
I actually did go to bed, but then just laid there and thought about Emily's first three years and how amazing she is and all that's changed since she arrived and just decided to drop a line or two.
Her first year and a half was "easy breezy"! No sharing of attention or anything like that however, momma did get kind of lazy when she was 18 months old as I was almost about to bring baby brother into the picture. And even though it took a little, she took that in stride.
The year that followed was pretty stressful. Different diets, sleep schedules and routines takes a toll on not just one family member, but all. But my little girl is a trooper and once her basic needs were met, she pretty much handled things without a worry in the world. I'm a big routine person (have I mentioned that?) and I think once her routine was set after Bubbie arrived, she handled it much better. She always knew what to expect so no surprises.
The past three months she has developed by leaps and bounds. She helps me tend to baby brothers needs, takes care of herself in certain ways and is really becoming her own person. She's independent, stubborn and by all mean, free spirited!!!. I love her all the more for having these characteristics. Sometimes I think this irritates people but I don't care...just makes me love her that much more because it's a sign she's her mama's daughter lol. I never want her to change into anything other than what she feels comfortable with.
Sunday is her official birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses! She's very excited about that! We probably mentioned it too soon as that's alls he's talked about for 2 weeks! (lesson learned). Most of the family will be there and at last count....,9 kiddos and their parents. My only concern is that we can't drag her away from rides and attractions to open presents. It will work out though as things always do.
Ok, I'm going to bed. As soon as I figure out the software issue with this new computer's operatiing sytem (Vista) and my camera software, I'll post some updated photos. Just not enough time in the day!
3 comments:
She is an amazing three-year-old. What a treat it has been to see her grow. Happy Birthday Emily!!!
Looks like she's come a long way!! The party pictures look great. What a proud mama! And she's potty trained!!
Btw, I'm "anonymous"...Misha
Post a Comment